Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In Loving Memory


My cousin Cory passed away unexpectedly this last June. He was a modern day stripling warrior and a young man to look up to. When my cousin asked me to draw a portrait of him as a surprise Christmas gift for her parents I was honored and so happy to be part of this very special project. My Aunt called me Christmas day and told me how the family all sat around that morning crying after they opened it. She said it was the best Christmas gift she has ever received. I absolutely love drawing, but what makes drawing even more special for me is the opportunity I have to touch others with my work.

4 comments:

Adam & Ady said...

that is probably one of my favorites that you have ever done. BEAUTIFUL Jo!

The Mortons said...

you were very honored to draw cory! you have the best aunt and uncle. i absolutly love trisha!!! you did a wonderful job. i think that it is your best drawing i have seen.

TMB said...

Wow! I had no idea you were such an artist. Trisha sent me a link to your blog, and I am in awe. Every person you drew that I know looked more real life than a photo.

jonisill said...

Wow! you are ll kinds of talented arent you!! I had no idea! I love these and that is such a great way to honor someone's memory!! Good job!!